Friday, December 26, 2008

Wow! What a Christmas!








I PP now know the power of the press! I sent my wishes to the universe and boy did they come back to me (my mom is still hoping for the holiday in the Caribbean so let's see if that happens). I got to see Levi, Lupe, Rebecca and Uncle Adrian. It was great to see everyone for our Christmas Brunch as mom made her famous Eggs Benedict (I got some Canadian bacon on the side). I got lots of gifts from Levi and Lupe, including the snazzy scarf and argyle sweater I wished for (thanks Santa!!).

After brunch Mom and I made our way to Brooklyn as Uncle Adrian was cooking up a traditional English Christmas day dinner (on the train everyone was remarking on my scarf, "Hey, that dog is wearing a scarf!". Uncle Adrian made an amazing turkey with chestnut stuffing, parsnips, carrots, Brussels sprouts, English sausage, homemade cranberry sauce and pearl onions. I was lucky enough to get the scraps and boy they were yummy. My mom's stomach kept growing and growing, she even had to unbutton her pants! Then they had mincemeat pie with real brandybutter! I was licking my lips but they wouldn't let me have any. Mom says it's too sweet for my stomach and the alcohol content was too high as she thinks I am too young to get sloshed by eating desert. That didn't stop her or Uncle Adrian. Me wonders if it was the turkey or the alcohol ladden desert that made them pass out after dinner?

After dinner we opened our gifts and boy did I hit jackpot! I got loads of food and the most beautiful red dog carrier bag! My mom was so excited for this gift as she thinks it makes us both look good. I loved it and immediately started camping out in the bag. It's my home away from home. Santa was really good to me this year! My Uncle Adrian was feeling a little homesick this year not being in England with his family so I got him some English treats and tea so he could feel better. We were all happy. Then we sat down to watch the "Assassination of Jesse James" and immediately proceeded to past out from the turkey (see pic above).

Today mommy took me out in our brand new bag downtown to meet with Lupe, Levi and Delphine to do some after Christmas shopping. I was happy to be part of the crowd. They even managed to sneak me into a restaurant while they ate, it's whole new world. That bag is magic!

Well, I hope you all had a great Christmas! I know everyone has been concerned with the economy but it really shouldn't stop us from enjoying ourselves and appreciating the people in our lives. I woof you man! Chow for now!

No comments: