Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm a happy dog, really...


Some dogs use their blog to rant and woof but today I wanted to use the Puffington Post to post on how happy I am. Now I am not like my late sister Q-Ball who was outwardly happy and very affectionate to all who encountered her. I am more timid and shy. I really only get excited when my mom and company comes home, when we are going for a walk, when I get a juicy bone or when I get to chase a squirrel. Otherwise I am quiet and can tend to look a little sad. But really I am happy. I am healthy, I have a mom who loves me and showers me with affection all day (sometimes too much), and family and friends who faun all over me and show me how much I mean to them.

We live in the upper east side, one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the world. When my mom and I dress up (those who know me know all the clothes, leashes and accessories I have) and strut down Madison Avenue we giggle as we can hear the tourist say that we most be one of the wealthy Park Avenue peeps. Maybe one day!! We live near Central Park so we have a great place for me to play and get close to nature (although it is also the place where tragedy struck us and Q-Ball died so Central Park is a bitter-sweet place for us). I get to go to these amazing stores with my mom and the sales people are very nice to me (especially Prada and Hermes). I get to go to galleries and see great art and hang around some amazing people.

I also get to travel with my mom. My mother and I share a sense of adventure and we both love to travel. I love to be in a car and watch the road and other cars go by (and if I see another dog to bark at, even the better). Luckily because of my small size I get to go on planes, trains and automobiles. I hope in the future to have even more travels with my mom, maybe South America or Europe?

I am also lucky because I have soooo many aunts and uncles who love me too. My Uncle Adrian, Aunty Annie, Papa Willie, MeMa Silvia, Granddad David, Cousins Ariel and Olivia, Uncle Saad and Uncle Michael, Aunty April and sooo many more. It's so special to be welcomed and loved in this world.

I feel so blessed that I am now even volunteering for special causes. Today please note the photo for the Gordie Foundation. It's a group I belong to promote awareness on deaths from alcohol hazing in American universities. I am wearing the Gordie green bandanna in this picture. For further information please see: www.gordie.org

Anyway I am going to take a nice nap now on this cold, rainy day and when I wake I will chew on that lamb bone my Uncle Adrian made sure I got this pass weekend. I am in love with it. So thank you all for being a part of my life. When people say "it's a dog's life" it is you that make me have this great life. So chow for now!