Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's a Day for Staying In!


This cold rainy/snowy weather has left me stranded in our apartment today. I am definitely having a case of small apartment fever. A fever would actually be welcomed as that at least would give me some warmth. There seems to be little or no heat in our apartment today. I am having difficulty typing this post today as I am curled in a ball. Mom is still in her jammies and her big fluffy blue robe. We aren't going anywhere today.

I had a delicious meal today of cold chicken that my mommy got from her dinner last night at her dentist's home. Gil and his lovely wife Joyce made my mommy and Uncle Adrian a beautiful dinner in their lovely home on Sutton Place with a beautiful view of the East River. My mommy said it was definitely worth going out on such a sleet filled night as the dinner, it's host, the company, the apartment and the art collection was well worth the effort (and I got the left-overs!).

Our apartment is a mess so we are going to take advantage of staying in and clean the place as my mommy's jewelry beads and supplies are all over the place. We are hosting a Christmas day brunch so we have to actually finally get some holiday decorations up. I sent my Christmas list to the universe, let's see what happens, although I just found this pet observation dome on the internet. I don't know how I can use it living in an apartment but I know I want it (see picture).

Mommy and me are going to take it easy this weekend and she is doing very little socializing as she has been out everyday this past week (she is feeling a little under the weather as all the holiday partying have caught up with her). Oh well! That means more mommy for me :) We are going to relax, I am going to watch her drink hot chocolate, we are going to meditate and think about what we want to do or change in the next year (I'm thinking longer walks and more meat products). So it will be a reflective weekend for us full of Sex in the City DVD's. It's OK, I am a metrosexual dog (if you couldn't tell from my wardrobe). So I hope you all are relaxing and getting that final Christmas shopping done (I am a size small). Chow for now!

No comments: