Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pet Finder Pet of the Week - Bailey


Every once in awhile we here at the PPP will do a post on pet adoption. There is a site that my mom and I love to go to and we hope one day to find my new sister/brother at this site. It's called Petfinder.com and if you are looking to rescue or adopt a pet this is the site to look at.

One of the problems my mom and I have when we look at this site is that we want to adopt them all. It makes us want to buy a farm so we can have one hundred dogs running around (we would be the Brangelina of dog adoptions). We were looking at Maltese's lately but we haven't found one yet as many of the Maltese foster parents want the Maltese's to be in the suburbs with a backyard to play in so we continue searching. However this is not the usual case as you will see by going on the site as the foster parents are eager to find the right owner for the right dog. Petfinder.com gives a history of the dog, whether they have been rescued or just need to be adopted. They let you know the medical history and if the dog has any quirks.

This week we are going to spotlight one dog. His name is Bailey. Bailey is a male Pomeranian and is 4 1/2 years old. His foster mother wrote a very articulate bio of Bailey and it goes like this:

More About Bailey
PLEASE READ BAILEYS BIO, IT IS IMPORTANT TO PLACING HIM IN THE RIGHT HOME. Bailey THEN: Bailey was surrendered by a family who purchased him from a breeder. He is 4.5 year old and has/had NO socialization, was fearful, sick and emaciated. He was neutered and up to date on vaccinations, but that is where his medical needs ended. Bailey was aggressive. I will be straight about this, right off the bat. I took him to my vet and it was discovered he had horrible and painful teeth. After removing the infected teeth and cleaning the other teeth, Bailey began to recover. He was surrendered weighing only 5lbs. Bailey NOW: Bailey weighs 7.5lbs, is neutered, up to date on vaccinations, has had a dental, heart worm/Lymes negative and is in pretty good health. He must have been dropped on his head because he has what looks like a neurological issue with his movements - but nothing that effects his mobility. He eats Natural Balance meat in a tube - he loves it! ( I just cut it up into pieces for him and he digs in) Bailey is fantastic with me now. It took me some time - but I ignored Bailey for almost a week and he could not take it - so he pursued me for attention. Which was exactly what I needed him to do. I pick Bailey up, give him smooches and adore this little guy. Bailey is wee wee pad trained and is NOT suitable for walks outside, it scares him a lot. Bailey's NEEDS: Bailey needs someone with a quiet and low key lifestyle. He is NOT suitable for a home with children or children who visit, a home with active pets or a home that wants an active playful pooch. Bailey is only 4.5 years old, but he is an old man inside. He is playful with me and I sit with him on the floor and use my hands to play - but he is NOT a "Fetch" dog. He is fostered with dogs and cats - but really never seeks them out for company. Bailey needs someone who understands him. He needs someone to love him and keep him safe. Bailey needs a loving home. My heart breaks for Bailey because he will never be a "normal" little dog, and he will never know life without fear on some level. I can not euthanize him because I see so much love in his eyes and know he is meant to be someones forever companion. But the right home must be right for Bailey to be happy. ***********For an application to meet or adopt Bailey, please go to www.rescueforlove.org to access our application. Thank you


This pet is up to date with routine shots.
This pet has been altered.
Rescue for Love
Brewster, NY
914-582-7242

We at the PPP would love for Bailey to find a home as his foster mother stated she sees so much love in his eyes and he was meant to be someones forever companion. Bailey is a lesson in love waiting for you or maybe you know someone who can give Bailey the love and care he deserves. He is such a cutie. We would take him but he seems to not want to be in a house with other constant companions.

So give it a think or please pass this link around to see if anyone you know would know someone who can adopt Bailey.

I just want Bailey to experience the love and care I have experienced while he is here on earth. Don't waste the love! Chow for now!

No comments: