Tuesday, January 6, 2009

And They Call it Puppy Love



I have had some readers of the Powder Puffington Post accuse the PPP of being a little "dark" in their subject matter lately (actually only one reader and he knows who he is). Although yesterday's post was about puppies and babies (nothing dark about that) hopefully today's post will help make your day a little brighter.

Today's post is about puppy love. Ah! Puppy love. Something I know a little about. I lived most of my life with my sister/lover Q-Ball. I showed her my love everyday as we got ready to take our walks and I attempted to mount her (she never really seemed to appreciate my overtures at romance). My last attempt at romance was last November when my mom and I were visiting our family in California. There was a new bitch in town and her name was Molly McButter. She was the Yorkie of my Aunt Lillian's friend. Molly was a real pistol (she's young) and she was also the constant companion of my cousin Coco Puff (a buff male Yorkie). Coco and I had a few dog fights trying to get the attention of a certain Ms. McButter. Molly was nice enough not to run away when I tried to mount her, however my cousin Coco would come and knock me off. Hey, as my Aunt Lillian smartly stated to Molly, "Once you go white, you're credit gets tight!" Whatever that means??

However nothing beats your first love, your most exciting love, your puppy love. Which brings me to today's story. Three children were found in a train station in Hanover, Germany on their way to Africa to elope (two to elope, one to be the witness please see pic above). Mika and Anna-Lena (both five and six respectively) had decided "they were very much in love" and had packed a bag with bathing suits, sunglasses and a lilo as they headed to the airport to Africa to elope because Africa "was very warm".

On New Year's day early in the morning the children packed and set off for the train station to head to the airport. They didn't have money or passports but managed to make it to the main train station of Hanover. While waiting for the train to take them to the airport the security guards became suspicious (I hope so!). After convincing the children that they would not make it to Africa without money or passports the guards consoled the children by giving them a tour of the local police station while their relieved parents came to pick them up. Now that's puppy love (who says the German's aren't romantic)! I hope that forever they will remember the importance of the "grand gesture".

Remember your first love? Love where you still didn't know the possibility of getting your heart broken so you gave it your all and everything about the experience was dramatic or passionate. My mommy's first love was a boy named Dennis in kindergarten. She had a crush on Dennis as he was this skinny, smart, well-behaved blond boy. Then one day a miracle happen! The class was sitting in a circle playing "The Farmer in the Dell". Dennis was chosen to be the farmer. When it came time for the farmer to pick a wife, Dennis chose my mommy!! She was so happy and honored. Then mommy got to pick a child and she picked her best friend at the time. They were all one big, happy family for one moment in time. Mommy likes to joke that she hit her love peak in kindergarten. One funny thing is that if you look at the pictures of Dennis you would think that he would look exactly like Uncle Adrian when he grew up. So I think mommy went full circle when she met Uncle Adrian as he was her grown up Dennis.

I saw a really funny movie the other day called "Little Manhattan" which was about the first love of a eleven year old Manhattanite. I recommend it highly as it brings up all those bubbly feelings we have about love that we should never forget.

Well, I'm off to Central Park now for a long promised walk. Who knows what can happen on the way? I might meet the next big love of my life. You just have to be open and out there. Speaking of puppy love, here is a YouTube clip of a special kind of love, puppy and elephant love. Warning, you may shed a tear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs_a98AySNk&eurl=http://cityrag.blogs.com/main/2009/01/elephant-and-do.html&feature=player_embedded
Chow for now!

No comments: