Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oy Vey!


John Waters
Study Art, 2007
Cibachrome
20" x 30"
Edition of 45 + 15 APs
Courtesy of the artist and Marianne Boesky Gallery, New York

Mommy and me have been having a tough week. Everyday something seems to happen this week. Today was no different.

After waiting for an important package that was supposed to arrive today by noon, we discovered that the mail carrier did not bother to ring our buzzer but just put a notice in our mailbox instead of God forbid ringing our buzzer for the next day delivery that we paid for.

Then my mom decided this was the day. The day for my B-A-T-H. My mom and Uncle Adrian just noticed recently that I know how to spell this word. I'm almost six years old, of course I know this is their code word for "bath". So after a stressful bath, we got ready to go to The Armory Show to look at all the contemporary art galleries from all around the world.

After riding the subway in my nice red dog bag and spiffy sweater, we walked all the way to West Street to the piers on the west side where the Armory Show is (yes, I too thought it would be in an actual armory but apparently they out grew the armory and kept the name of the show). We then paid our admission price, then went to go see some art and meet up with friends. I was excited! However as we were going through, we were told that I was not allowed to go in! My mom was pissed as I was highly visible while paying and no one said anything to the both of us and besides, where there is art and the possibility of selling art, there is always some heiress with a little doggie. I was highly insulted as I am a purebred Maltese and have been in finest art galleries all around the world plus Prada and Gucci always welcome me in their stores.

My mom was peeved because we had to go back home and she was glad she wore flat boots instead of heels otherwise she would have lost the calm demeanor she works so hard to create.

However, I do recommend that you check out The Armory Show and see what is going on in the contemporary art galleries all around the world. The website is www.thearmoryshow.com and it is located at:

Piers 92 & 94
Twelfth Avenue at 55th Street
New York City

Piers 92 & 94 are located on Manhattan's far West side on the Hudson River (Twelfth Avenue) at 55th Street in the Passenger Ship Terminal complex. The piers are easily accessible by public transportation, taxi, and private vehicle. The nearest subway stop is four cross-town blocks east at 50th Street and Eighth Avenue.

Opening Hours:
Thursday, March 5 - Saturday, March 7 Noon to 8 pm
Sunday, March 8 Noon to 7 pm

Admission tickets are available at the door during show hours.

Ticket prices

General Admission US$30
Students US$10
Groups (10+) US$15
Run of Show Pass (4 day) US$60
The Armory Show/VOLTA Dual Pass US$40

So go get some culture and report to me what you thought as I am not allowed in to form my own opinion. I am exhausted from this week, thank God it's Thursday! I need a nap. Chow for now!

No comments: