Monday, March 23, 2009

The Emperor of Pugs



We haven't done a movie review in quite sometime at the PPP so when we saw, "The Emperor", a documentary on fashion designer Valentino we thought it would be the perfect film to review as it features two subjects that the PPP loves most; fashion and dogs.


Here are five out of the six pugs onboard Vava's private jet.

This documentary was a lap dog's dream as we got to see how Valentino leads a lavish lifestyle with his longtime companion Giancarlo Giammetti as they jet and yacht around the world spending time at their palazzos and mingling with the jet-set of the world. However one would agree that the real stars of the show are the couple's six pugs; Milton, Monty, Maude, Margot, Maggie and Molly. These pugs who go everywhere Valentino goes (lucky!) also have a butler that serves their every need (double lucky!!). They go on Valentino's yachts, private jets and have run of the grounds of his palazzos. These pugs are living my dream life.


Life with Vava!

Valentino is filmed saying, "Nothing is not as important to me as my dogs, not even the collection". Ah! Gay men and their dogs, they got it right.


I hate having my teeth brushed!

Valentino has always had pugs, and every time one passes away he gets a new one. Valentino's friend Lynn Wyatt says “I mean, they die, and he gets more pugs, and he’s just always had pugs, and when they snore, he loves it, and when they snort, he loves it,” she said, laughing.


A little exercise on the grounds of their palazzo. Just an ordinary day in the life of a pug.

Model Coco Rocha explained how the pugs assisted their master in his business. “When we’re walking for our fittings, they walk alongside us. They’re showing us how it’s done,” she said. But they're not always so pleasant off duty. Gwyneth Paltrow says her young children are obsessed with the dogs, adding, “They’re kind of mean; they’re not really good kids’ dogs. But my daughter is undeterred, she keeps trying.” Um, not only are Valentino's dogs spoiled but they are also smart and discerning in their choice of company.


LOL! My mommy makes me model her jewelry too!

One "little idiot," as Valentino calls her, urinates during photo shoot for the movie poster above. I personally wouldn't care if I was called a "little idiot" if I had such a lifestyle so one can forgive "Vava" as Valentino likes to refer to himself.

So we here at the PPP give, "The Emperor" a big paws up as we think you would be fascinated to look at the lifestyle and loves of Vava. It will have you wanting to believe in reincarnation and wanting to come back as one of Valentino's pugs. I can't complain. I too am spoiled and loved much. I may not have jets, yachts and palazzos to run wild in but I do lead a charmed life. Here is a little snippet of the documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-2dc488Ep0&feature=player_embedded

Chow for now!

No comments: