Thursday, March 12, 2009

I was robbed!

Of the title of smartest dog breed! Heck, I didn't even make top ten!! Can you believe it? I only write a blog that informs tens of people each day. PetMD came up with a list of the ten top dog breeds and here is their list. Who paid off whom to come off on top I don't know but I am thinking that Maltese's were not even considered as we all know Maltese's would have come out on top. Many of the breeds listed have jobs such as herders, K9 and service dogs but I run a semi-widely read post so that should count too, not pushing sheep into a gateway.

The list is as follows:

10. Australian Cattle Dog - Apparently you need a J.O.B. to be on this list as this breed is a herder. I am impressed they do pick up their toys and put them away after playing with them. I was trying to tell my mom we dogs couldn't learn that particular trick, THANKS Australian Cattle Dog!!

9. Rottweiler - Um, yes let's see how smart you think this breed is when they attack you with their German precision.

8. Papillon - I can't believe this silly looking dog made the list. They are described as "a big dog in a little dog body" - well that describes me perfectly too. The Papillon can actually be litter trained. I would keep that a secret if I were a Papillon.

7. Labrador Retriever - I knew the LR was going to make the list. They are sooo popular (I say with contempt and sarcasm just in case you can't sense it in my writing). I think people who like trophy wives and Porsche's like the LR because it makes their ego look good. Hey I can retrieve! Well at least when there is a juicy bone in it for me.

6. Shetland Sheepdog - um, I hate to admit this but I have nothing bad to say about the Shetland Sheepdog except that they scare the kaka out of me when I encounter them.

5. Doberman Pinscher - lean, sleek and looks good on paper, however have you noticed in movies, the Doberman Pinscher is always the dog of choice for the devil or the Antichrist? I'm just saying...

4. Golden Retriever - my mommy thinks the GR is actually TOO smart as her former roommate's GR Fagan used to wake her up in the middle of the night for a walk to show how unhappy he was that his mommy basically abandoned him. The GR may be smart but when you have to clean up after all the tumbleweed hair he leaves behind you will start thinking about how easy it is to have a Maltese who doesn't shed in your life.

3. German Shepherd - my mom had a GS when she was a little girl named "Popito" so I am not allowed to bad mouth him but I am sure secretly she loves me more.

2. Poodle - are you kidding me! My cousin Coco Puff (a Yorky) and I can run circles around this silly looking dog. I don't think yapping for hours on end makes you a smart dog (sorry Coco, didn't mean to throw you under the bus - figuratively speaking that is).

1. Border Collie - A Type A person must have come up with this list as they picked a Type A dog. And just like a Type A person I believe a Type A dog can drive you crazy with their "everything has to be perfect" energy. Although picked for number one the Border Collie isn't really great with kids and can destroy your belongings if you don't give it enough exercise. How smart is that! I know better than that as my mom told me if I destroy any more of her belongings I will find myself nailed to the wall with her Prada heel. See, I'm smarter than a Border Collie.

BEST DOG BREED IN THE WORLD - MALTESE

They are (and these are my mom's words not mine); smart, resourceful, clever, conniving, cunning, sweet, lovable, soulful, a good nurse, cuddly, protective, funny, sportive, good energy, not yappy, don't smell, let you sleep late, look good all dressed up (and don't complain when you dress them up), love to nap with you, a good friend to all, loves kids, loves all people, writes a pretty good blog I hear. We could go on all day about the wonderfulness of me, I mean the Maltese. If you know me I know you would agree that I was robbed.


She's back! Cruella DeVille

Watch out puppies!!

Okay for some other news today, Alexander McQueen showed off his collection today in Paris and he managed to bring back in full life form, Cruella DeVille so I am sending this post out to as a warning to the 18 Dalmatian puppies that were born a few months ago in England as Alexander McQueen I hear likes fur coats. Consider yourself warned.

Well, my mommy is sick today so I am going to go back to her and be a nurse to her as I am smart enough and have a big enough heart to do this. Chow for now!

No comments: