Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm trying not to turn into a mad dog...


HOWEVER it has been a rough few days! Because of the weather my walks have been short to say the least. The ground has salt that hurts my paws when I do go out. I am a little grungy because we have been getting very little heat in our apartment so my mommy wants to wait till we get heat again so I can get a bath without catching a cold. I have four day old food in my whiskers and the way it's going it might stay there till spring when I will have to use it to survive.

Okay PP, time to take a breath and think positive thoughts! I am alive and healthy, I have a mommy that loves me very much, I have Uncle's, Aunt's and plenty of friends and family (both human and canine). I get to go on lots of adventures (when it's warm). I am surrounded by doggy bones and I have lots of cuddle and downtime for naps.

I could be one of the millions of dogs both here and around the world that don't have homes. I could be one of the dogs that are going to be put to sleep because people can't find them a home. Or that roam the world constantly searching for food and a warm, dry place to laid their head. Or even worst I can be one of the dogs, that are abused, mistreated or neglected. I have to remember this when I get in this "spoiled mad dog" mood and remember to be thankful for all I have.

Okay, I think I have written myself out of my frenzy and pity party. My mommy has been trying to teach me that all around the world, people and animals have it way worst than us. I will take a deep breath, chew on my bone and curl on my mommy's lap as I dream of the warmer weather coming, long walks in the parks, terrorizing city squirrels and just being alive. Chow for now!

No comments: