Monday, March 16, 2009

Did you know...


PP Pondering the Universe


The PPP is proud to introduce a new feature we will be doing on the days we have absolutely nothing to write about and are going through writer's block called "Did you know?"

I will mix this with all sorts of information that I know, my mom knows and what I can pilfer from the internet which will help my boredom from staying in on these cold, gray days.

Did you know...

- That whales evolved from wolves. I KNOW! Hey, I also evolved from wolves too!

- That turkeys evolved from dinosaurs. Makes sense when you see how they walk.

- That Albert Brooks real name is Albert Brooks Einstein. That explains why he comes off so smart.

- 2 billion people still cannot read. What! 2 billion people cannot read the PPP!

- Leonardo da Vinci never built the inventions he designed. That's up to Product Development, just ask my mom.

- Count Alessandro Volta invented the first battery in the 18th century. That's why we have the word, "voltage".

- To make one kilo of honey bees have to visit 4 million flowers, traveling a distance equal to 4 times around the earth. Gee, and I thought I worked hard for this blog!

- Botanically speaking, the banana is a herb. I like to get my four servings of herbs a day :)

- I nap seven hours a day. Just thought you should know.

- Julius Caesar was known as a great swimmer.

- There are more than 600 million telephone lines today, yet almost half the world's population has never made a phone call.

- An exocannibal eats only enemies. An indocannibal eats only friends. A masturcannibal eats himself (just kidding)!

- Towards the end of the Forrest Gump, Forrest narrates that his wife died on a Saturday. When he is at her grave in the next scene, the tomb stone shows her passing on March 22, 1982, which is a Monday.

- Mel Blanc, who played the voice of Bugs Bunny, was allergic to carrots. That's funny!

- In the US, murder is committed most frequently in August and least frequently in February - that's because the month of February is sacrosanct as it is the month my mommy was born.

- About 27% of food in developed countries are wasted each year. It's simply thrown away. Well, it certainly isn't thrown my way!

- According to the US Census Bureau, 19% of US children live in poverty. (1999) Sadness :(

- It was at a concert in Minneapolis in 1954 that Al Dvorin first closed Elvis's concerts with: "Ladies and Gentleman, Elvis has left the building. Thank you and good night." And PP has peed on the floor.

- The first pop video was Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, released in 1975. Mamma Mia!

- It is impossible to lick your elbow. Trust me on this, Lord knows I try on a daily basis.

Well, congratulations you are now THAT much smarter! Chow for now!

No comments: