Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Babies! Babies! Babies!

I woke up this morning trying to figure out what to write about today but there were so many pictures of celebrities and their babies I thought today we would have a "Celebrity Baby Update".

First baby: Jessica Alba's baby Honor Marie Warren. The funny thing here is that Jessica Alba is infamous for not smiling at the camera and always scowling. Here we see that her daughter Honor has inherited her mother's lack of a sense of humor as she sports her own perma frown. I look like this when my mom eats chocolate in front of me as she doesn't share her chocolate with me. Something about it being toxic and me dying. Yeah right!



Second baby: here is Halle Berry's adorable little girl Nayla who is now one year old and loves to dress in girly tutu's. I wouldn't mind dressing in a tutu. It looks like fun. However I don't know if I can explain the tutu with being a metrosexual dog. It may be pushing the limits of metrosexuality. I'll have to ask my Uncle Adrian.



Third baby: this story is a little bizarre. In this April's Vanity Fair top model Gisele Bundchen talks about how she feels her husband's child with his former girlfriend Bridget Moynahan, feels like her child. I don't know if it's because English is not her first language but my mommy says if anyone said this about me she would "bring the bitch down". Here is a little of the interview:

"I understand that he has a mom, and I respect that. But to me, it's not like because somebody else delivered him, that's not my child – I feel it is, 100 percent. I want him to have a great relationship with his mom, because that's important, but I love him the same way as if he were mine. I already feel like he's my son, from the first day. He's a little angel – the sweetest, most cuddly, loving baby. I feel blessed to have him in my life."



Them are fighting words! We are definitely on Team Bridget! She basically said, it's my baby and I don't mind if he has a relationship with his mother. Very disrespectful to the real mom.

Another bizarre baby story is OctoMom and Angelina Jolie. It is rumored that Angelina Jolie wants to give OctoMom a little financial help with the babies. "Angelina is worried about the best interests of the kids. As a mom of six, she knows how chaotic and costly raising a big family can be. She doesn't necessarily approve of Nadya, and she doesn't want to turn the situation into even more of a circus."



I have my own theory of why people like OctoMom and Angelina have so many children. Neither of the women seem like very likable or approachable. They aren't women who are popular and have many friends. I think they are creating their own world by adopting or having so many children so they don't have to make friends and deal with their problems. Yup, just a little pup psychology. Good luck Brad!

An even more bizarre baby story than all the above is Madonna trying to adopt another child from Malawi. She has her eye on a three year old girl named Mercy. Don't get me wrong, I think adoption is great when done right but I am so tired of celebrities just going into a country and thinking they have pick of the litter. Especially when the child still has a parent or grandparent alive. In both Angelina Jolie and Madonna's adoption of African children the children had parents that were alive but the child was in an orphanage because they could not afford them. If you have such a strong bond to this particular child, why not give the parents enough money so they can be raised by their kin? Why take them away? Also why not pick a child that is truly an orphan? These days orphanages aren't what they use to be in the old days. Because of extreme poverty many kin leave the children at the orphanages so they can be fed and not starve to death. Many families have plans to get the children back when they can afford to and work toward that goal.



Madonna's adoption was delayed because the government now has some questions for Madonna. First being that now she is a single mother. Also she would be too old to adopt in most countries by FIVE years, so why give her any special privileges? Isn't her 22 year old boyfriend enough for her? The girl's grandmother also is very upset as she had the child put in the orphanage until six years old and then she was going to take her back. She had an agreement with the orphanage and now is very upset that her granddaughter is on the auction block. Also Madonna has made the village angry because she is going to built a school in the village, however she is building it on people's personal property without their permission and they don't want to give up their land and homes. The government is making them (you know like when they build a highway through your land and you have no rights). When a journalist asked Vadge if she was worried about the situation, she shouted back, "NO!" She apparently feels since she is willing to compensate them financially that should be enough.

Umm, don't know if you can tell, but we here at the PPP aren't exactly Madonna fans. Adoption is too serious an issue and the rules shouldn't be bend for celebrities.

My last baby story is Gwen Stefani's cutie patootie baby Zuma. Here is Gwen playing in the park with her little Buddha baby. He is almost as cute as the Powder Puff. Almost!



Well, that it's for now. If you didn't have a biological clock before, you do now!

Chow for now!

No comments: