Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Q-Ball! Have A Heavenly Party in Doggie Heaven Today You April Fool!!


Today is a bittersweet day for us here at the PPP. It would have been Q-Ball's sixth birthday today had she not been killed last year in Central Park. We miss our little April Fool and can't believe she will not be around to celebrate her birthday from now on except in our memories. So I asked some of those closest to Q-Ball as a birthday gift to her to celebrate her birthday and memory by telling some of their memories of Q-Ball and here are a few stories and words of wisdom from Uncle Adrian.



Last weekend I visited Q-Ball, who is sleeping on our hill in a grave
marked by the two golf balls that she liked to play with. Those visits always
remind me of the time she went under the front porch to bother the woodchuck in residence, how we pulled her out covered with mud, and Saad washed
her in the kitchen sink. With her hair soaking wet, there was hardly any
Q-Ball there -- but her spirit was huge and fun-loving (and we hope it still
is).

Uncle Michael and Uncle Saad



We loved Q-Ball's southern foray... when she visited us in December 2007 in the 1800s house on the creek in McClellanville, SC.

Aunt Sandy



I had a date with a guy a met through one of those on line dating sites. It was my first time meeting him so I of course didn't know if all of my dreams would finally come true. So, I met him a cozy little spot on the upper east side. Well, my questions were soon answered, he was not going to be THE ONE. After sitting through a grueling hour listening to this guy talk (in the third person) about how wonderful he was and how blessed I was to be in his presence, I made up an excuse that I couldn't go on to another fun spot with him because I already had plans to meet my girlfriend. He insisted on walking me to that spot. This was off the cuff, I was trying and trying to shake him but he was like white on rice.

I couldn't believe my eyes as we were walking down 2nd avenue and I walked into Natalie, Powder Puff and QBall as if the whole meeting was planned. It was like fate had intervened to answer my prayers. Natalie, Q Ball and Powder Puff were all so cool about the whole thing, not really knowing what was going on but playing the part. Q Ball was a terrific actress totally acting like this was a planned meet up, jumping on my leg to greet me and hanging out with me as if I was her date!

Thanks Q Ball!

Aunt Lisa



Natalie, I missed Q-ball when you and PP came to visit us. I enjoyed all the time she spent with us.

Love David




Some of my favorite memories of Q-Ball are, when she walked upright, pushed her way onto my lap and then growled at PP. She always got her way. True female.

Love Mima



Better by far to smile and forget than to remember and be sad. Q-Ball had a great life, and we were lucky to share it.

Uncle Adrian

How about the time we filled my tub with bubble bath and put Olivia, Ariel, Coco, Powder Puff and Q-Ball into the bubble filled tub and took pictures of them and sent the picture as our Christmas card that year?
Then their was the time when you came to California and we let the dogs out to to go potty and we noticed that the side gate was open. That's when we noticed Q-Ball was missing! We rushed out to look for her and we could not find her anywhere! Then Uncle Jason got in his car and drove around the neighborhood and found her in front of someone Else's house thinking it was the house she should be in! She had no fear!

Aunt Lillian



I have so many memories of Q-Ball; waking me up in the morning with her paw, howling at me and laying upside down for attention, flirting with everyone around her, giving me sweet kisses, being patient with me when I dressed her up and used her as a photo prop, running toward me with her tongue hanging out of her mouth as I shouted, "Crazy baby girl!", jumping on my lap and claiming me like Columbus claimed America. Snoring like a drunken sailor, slapping down PP when he tried to dominate her, doing her crazy flapper dance across the floor, running around in the grass or by the sea as she loved being off her leash, giving me her guilty look when she did something naughty but most of all I will remember how much she loved me and I loved her and how she let me be her mommy and baby her. She was smart, sweet, funny, a great spirit and so missed by all.

Love Mommy



Q-Ball and I may have fought as she was the Alpha Dog and didn't let me rule the roost in our home but if anyone did anything to threaten us I would kill for her and she for me. She is my soul mate and irreplaceable. I still miss her greatly today as we had many great adventures together and we were a loving family. One day we will all be a family again, but until then here's to you Q-Ball! I love and miss my big sister-lover.

Happy Sixth Birthday Q-Ball!!!

Chow for now!

No comments: