Monday, April 27, 2009

Before


Well, I haven't had my hair cut since November 13th, 2008. I had a very short haircut previously so my mom waited till we got to California because she thought it would cost less but it didn't. It was almost twice as much as she pays in New York and even though I was a little matted, the woman decided to shave all my hair off (tail hair included).

I scared my family members when they saw me as they thought I was a big white rat. When we returned to New York I had to have a sweater on 24/7 since it was winter. It took a long time to grow my hair back.

By late March my mom realized that my hair was getting long and it needed to be groomed. We go to New York School of Dog Grooming and it is $30 per cut as opposed to $75 to go to any other groomers. Students train on me but I have been going since I was a puppy and they always did a good job. Well, someone did a documentary on the school and between that and the bad economy it now takes a month to get an appointment where in the past it took two days.

So the last month has been H-E-Double hockey sticks on my hair. I am as you can see in the photo quite matted on the areas where my harness goes. And a few other places. With this recent hot weather I am hot all the time. From all the running around in the park I look like a dust mop. Mom walks as far away from me as she can as she feels my looks are not up to par with hers. So tomorrow I go to the groomers and chances are quite likely that I am going to get all my hair cut again.

So tomorrow I will head out in the morning with my mom and take the bus downtown and get completely violated from top to bottom and come out looking very tiny and vulnerable. I instructed my mom to bring my Lacoste top so I don't go home looking quite so naked. I guess it will be my summer cut and I will feel much cooler.

This is the first time that I am going back to NY School of Dog Grooming without Q-Ball so that will be sad. The people on the phone couldn't believe the story of Q-Ball's death as they have seen us since we were little puppies.

Anyway this is my BEFORE picture. There's got to be a morning after!

Chow for now!

No comments: