Friday, July 10, 2009

Drunkeness...Not Just a Human Problem


This could only happen in Germany.

Police in Goslar, Germany got a call from motorists about a dead badger in the middle of the road blocking traffic. When they arrived, they found that the badger wasn't dead, it just loved to party and had a serious case of the drunks. The badger ate too many overly-fermented cherries and had stumbled out into the middle of the road to pass out.

After getting some cold water thrown on it and awakening (hmm, I am sure I am bringing back memories of university for most of my readers) he was moved off to the side of the road.

The police officer stated: "The animal's stomach had turned the fruit to alcohol and the badger was, to put it crudely, drunk as a skunk. It could not immediately be established whether the badger got into trouble with his wife when he came home in such a state."

Why do Germans always think they have to be a comedian?

I myself like to partake of the fermented grains once in awhile. Dark ales are my choice as they are much more tastier than the water bowl I am now forced to share with Judge.

Oh well, it's summertime. Just a reminder to humans, badgers and canine to drink responsibly.

Chow for now!

No comments: