Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Back To The Olde Grind!


Aunty Susan's and Aunty Carine's New Paltz home.

Oh to be back in New York after such a nice weekend in the country. My mom and I had a great time with Aunty Susan and Aunty Carine at their upstate home in New Paltz this past Fourth of July weekend.

Once we arrived there and I was let free I felt like a little wolf. A real animal not some pretty boy dog who sits on a lap all day. I was over stimulated and had a great time chasing wild turkey (or as I like to call them, "really big mutant pigeons"), deer "big dogs with bones on their heads", rabbits, turtles, you name it I chased it!! However I did notice as I ran along the lawn that there were some big birds in the sky flying around and perhaps mistaking me for a white bunny and their dinner. Mom kept her own eagle eye on me to make sure I did not end up as dinner.

My presence however kept the cats on the property away from the house. I actually was in too good a mood to care as I was given a lot of freedom and much needed attention by all.


We were invited to three bbq's given at the homes of Susan's and Carine's friends. All were populated by children who were ignorant of the fact that they shouldn't be feeding me their burgers and various other meats. My mom was sure I would never eat my dog food again. There were lots of little girls dog handling me all weekend. They LOVED me! I was a rock star in their eyes.

Yes Erica, keep the hot dogs coming!!


Little Juliet LOVED me.

I went on a kayaking trip with my mom in which I sat in between her legs. This wasn't my first rodeo, I have gone kayaking before. What you don't know is that my mom is terrible at paddling and she must have hit me in the head with her paddle over 80 times (I exaggerate not!). Then the sun decided for the first time this summer to come out so eventually I went into the bow of the kayak with my mother throwing water at me to make sure I didn't faint from heat stroke.

Not happy with mom's paddling!!

The men we met at the bbq's were a little upset with my mommy on my given name as they thought it was a cruel thing to do to me, so I was renamed "Rocco". My mom is a little worried because I have answered to it once or twice, but I do think I will be Powder Puff 4EVER!

So good company, good food, good chasing (much better than tough NYC squirrels), great weather, beautiful home and property, happy mommy, freedom from leashes, lots of love and adoration from the young and old. What more could a dog ask for?

My wonderful hostesses, Carine and Susan.

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend too!!

No comments: