Sunday, May 3, 2009

Judge Me Not!


Meet Judge!


My mother has been warning me that my life was going to change soon and that my world was going to be rocked. She was right. Today my mom's roommate Jen's dog moved in with us. Enter the era of "Judge".

When my mom warned me that things were going to change I thought she meant more people moving in, us moving or longer walks. I did not expect another dog to move in. And if another dog did move in I thought it would be a little bit more like me, small, fluffy and dandy-like.

Well Judge is a French Bulldog (I call him Froggie behind his back) and let's just say our first meeting was not the most peaceful of meetings. I freaked out and repeatedly tried to attack Judge (hey, I was defending myself as he also went for me too). Then we kind of had a barking contest which I am sure our neighbors appreciated hearing on their Sunday evening.

My barking is a normal small-dog-trying-to-be-big-dog bark however Judge sounds like an alien attacking planet earth. I never heard anything like it and my mom can concur on this matter.

Already he is shedding like most dogs as he has short fur and he tends to slobber a bit. You can't walk barefoot anymore in our home.


As the evening went on we got quieter and tried not to attack each other as our mom's were starting to think that our behavior was going to get us kicked out of the apartment.

Tomorrow Jen is going to take Judge and I on a long walk as she thinks that this would be a way for Judge and I to learn to just get along. Perhaps it would have been best if we were introduced in a park setting but it was raining all day and it will rain all week.


One thing that concerns me is that ever since Q-Ball's death I have had top dog, alpha dog position at my home. Now I think I am in danger of losing my throne as not only is Judge bigger than me and managed to lift my mom's 10 lb barbell with his teeth, he seems to have his cojones (which my mom has snipped from me at the tender age of 6 months on the advice of my vet as it is the politically correct thing to do). I almost didn't know what they were as I really have not seen a pair ever close up. All my friends have been fixed so this is like witnessing an urban myth come true. I hope Judge doesn't think because he has balls that he is the alpha dog here. I will not relinquish that titled so easily.

So I am guessing the PPP will be reporting the melding of Powder Puff and Judge in the next few days. This is one of the few days I wish my mom had not named me Powder Puff but something a little bit more macho like, "Midas" or "Hercules". Maybe I will get her to call me Power Puff at least for the next few days.

Oh well, wish me luck. I think I am going to need it. Chow for now!

No comments: