Monday, May 4, 2009

Day Two. Drawing the Battle Lines


I made it to day two.

It's day two of my war for Alpha Dog for 208 East 82nd Street apartment 12.

Last night at 5:15am Judge broke free from his room and barged in our bedroom. I started barking of course waking up my mom. She was not too happy. After rubbing my tummy to go back to sleep I woke up to face the day and Judge.

Jen decided to take us for a walk together so we can start bonding. I was just happy to get out of the apartment so Jen felt it was a success.

Later in the day Judge and I managed to be in the living room without barking and trying to kill each other. My mother was very encouraged as I peacefully stayed on top of the couch and Judge stayed underneath it. However she was not happy that Judge leaves pools of drool all around the house. She can no longer walk barefoot in the house without stepping into drool. Also Judge missed the wee-wee pad when he goes so she is disinfecting the kitchen now with bleach.

Judge also eats all my food and mom isn't giving me too much sympathy as she feels I should eat my food right away instead of letting it stay out. I think I am going to get skinnier in the next few months. Also Judge's food smells the house up like cheap meat so mom is upset as she feels she cannot have someone over to the house (not that we did much entertaining to begin with).

However I don't like it when Judge comes near my mom and I can't help but go on the attack when he goes near her. If Jen isn't in the room and Judge comes near my mom we seem to get into vicious fights. My mom is worried that something is going to happen to me and she doesn't want to take that chance. It seems it is going to take a lot longer for us to get along than she thought.

On our second walk Judge tried to hump me so I freaked out. I would certainly lose top dog status if I let a dog with balls hump me so I came back a little shaken. I am starting to feel like a little white man in prison with big muscular guys. I am certainly not going to let someone toss my salad in my very own home!

Well, it is almost midnight and as you can see by the picture I am exhausted getting use to my new life. My mom can't believe our lives have come to this and poor Jen is not feeling well as she has a hernia and is getting a divorce. She was married with a house in Boca Raton with a pool a few years ago and now she is in a tiny apartment in a tiny room. Hopefully both she and my mom break free of this apartment into a bigger, nicer dwellings.

I'm going into doggy coma land. Hopefully Judge stays in his room tonight.

Chow for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chin up pp!