Sunday, May 31, 2009

IIIIII Hate A Parade!!


Here is a picture of me and my mommy today in Central Park. We look very happy but today was the Israeli parade and there's nothing my mommy and me hate more than a parade. It was so loud and messy (at least their drum line was better than the Greek parade two weeks ago).

If I were mayor (um, I wouldn't get rid of term limits) I would banish all parades except for the Memorial Day Parade and Veteran's Day Parade. I would also allow any ticker tape parades when our sport teams won championships.

I would have one parade a year in the summer that encompasses all the nations just like the Olympics. They would parade around the loop in Central Park and all nationalities would be represented. It would be far more exciting that way, be less on the tax payers because cops would only have to be hired for one day and best reason yet the traffic wouldn't have to be disrupted every Sunday on Fifth Avenue. It would bring everyone together in peace and harmony. Every one would come so it would be good for the businesses around Central Park.

I think this idea would bring down the garbage, drunkenness and bad behavior found in most parades. Just have a few floats represent a nation instead of a mile of children walking in the heat suffering from heat stroke dressed like European peasants waving a flag. This way each country would only have their best represented which would be more entertaining.

More entertaining, save money, less crime, less garbage, less noise, less traffic jams, promotes peace and harmony amongst the people. I think it's a smashing idea!!

I should write a proposal to the mayor. In these hard time I don't see what he would have to lose.

Well, next parade is the Puerto Rican Day Parade and I plan to be out of town for that one. Nothing like seeing Ricans roasting a pig on the sidewalks of Fifth Avenue!! Umm, on second thought that sounds fantastic! I don't know why my mom is complaining. She loves pork!

Chow for now!!

No comments: