Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!


Although Father's Day can easily be swept under the rug as a Hallmark holiday, I think it's important to acknowledge the important people in our life, especially our family and most especially our parents and parent figures. So today on Father's Day I salute all the fathers of the world, especially the ones that have stepped up to the plate and have embraced what it really is to be a father or father figure.

President Obama made a statement about how important it is to be a good father as he had an absentee father throughout most of his life. However he had his grandfather as his father figure so he himself has been inspired to be a good father by both someone that was there and someone that was not there.

It's a big responsibility to be responsible and care for others and to make sure that they make it through life unharmed, happy and productive whilst keeping your own happiness intact. This is the job of both parents. However as mothers have a closer physical bond with their family as nurturer, fathers can easily walk away from this hard task at hand (and many do). To stay there for your family and make sure that their needs are met always makes me as a dog admire humans as my daddy was a breeder who after knocking up my mom was never to be in my life again. Klaus was my birth daddy and Uncle Adrian was the closest person I have to having a daddy. We are actually quite alike, I am the son he has yet to have.

My mommy has a daddy (I call him Papa) and he has been the daddy to not only my mommy and Aunty Lillian but all his sisters and brothers, step-daughters and many of his nephews and nieces. He has been a pillar for his family and because of him we have been able to go on with our lives and follow our dreams and goals because we know that if anything ever goes wrong, we have a home to go back to that he provides for us. He has been our safety net and in this hard world, especially lately, that fact does not go unnoticed by any of his family. We love him very much.

My mommy also has a step-daddy, David, who has been there for her and Mema's other children. He never lets us down and he is just a pleasure to know as a human being. He is one of the kindest and patient people I know as I love to sit with him and watch football when I visit my family in California. These men help make living in this world much easier and for that I salute them!!

So Happy Father's Day to the men who deserve it (and they know who they are!). I love you Papa and David!!

Chow for now!

No comments: