Monday, August 31, 2009

CHANEL 4-EVER!


This is a sad day in doggie land as Chanel the world's oldest dog has passed away at the ripe old age of 21 (hey that's 147 in dog years). Chanel, the wirehaired dachshund who held the Guinness World Record for oldest dog, died Aug. 28, 2009.

Earlier this year, the dog's owners, Karl and Denice Shaughnessy of Port Jefferson Station, N.Y., said that Chanel, who wore sunglasses for cataracts but was otherwise in good health, still had plenty of pep. "While I go to work she sleeps all day until I come home and then when I get home she is like a ball of fire,”.

Chanel did have her "senior moments" which include wandering around the house in the middle of the night until she got a snack (yikes! I do that too and I'm only 6!!). Her owners said the dogtreat Dogwell help Chanel reach her old age (mental not to add to my mom's shopping list).

I feel bad for Chanel's parent's as they must miss her so much because she has been a part of their life for so long, but as I have been learning in my studies on the path (yeah we dogs can learn something too) that Chanel was here to bring joy and love, in which she did, but she is going on to a place of pure love so we have to be happy for her. She lived a long, happy fulfilled life here on earth.

Chow for now!!

No comments: