Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Summer of Death Continues...


Never in my short life have I lived in summer with so many deaths of famous people. We even had the death of Chanel the world's oldest dog just last week. Well brace yourself, I hate to be the bearer of more bad news but this is The Powder Puffington Post and we are here to report the news no matter how sad :( it might be. Scooter, a contender of the world's smallest dog has passed on.

I am particularly heartbroken because Scooter is a Maltese and looks a little like my girlfriend Bacci (only Bacci will get a little bit bigger I am told). Scooter's owner said he broke his leg after jumping out of her arms. The vet put Scooter's leg in a cast and gave him some medicine to take at home. Sadly, the medicine gave him a stomach ulcer and Scooter now resides in heaven. Just the thought of Scooter's tiny leg in a cast the size of a thimble is making me cry in my dark ale (hey just because mom isn't drinking doesn't mean I have to jump on the wagon too).

Scooter's owner added, "I put him in the box with flowers and a little dove picture to take him to heaven – he looked wonderful."

6-month-old Scooter, who was 8cm tall, 20cm long and weighed 400 grams, was going to try for the title of the smallest dog in the world when he turned 1.

Between Q-Ball and Scooter, Heaven must be the cutest spot in the Universe.

Just so you don't think the PPP is a messenger of doom, here is a cute link of a puppy that seems to have a hard time getting off his back. Me thinks this little guy must come from a puppy mill and be a little bit defective (in a cute way). And let's give mom snaps for finally learning how to insert a link. It only took almost a year but hey, better late than never!



Chow for now!

No comments: