Monday, February 1, 2010

Lucky Dogs!


This past Friday Oprah turned 56 years and old and gave herself the best possible present one human can give one's self. No, not self love, me thinks Oprah has learned how to do that already (no sarcasm really!!). Oprah gave herself two new puppies! She is now the proud mommy of two 14 week old Springer Spaniels, Lauren and Sonny.

Lauren and Sonny are actually rescue dogs that would have been put to sleep if they were not taken in by Paws Rescue Center in Chicago. Oprah had asked the owner of the shelter to look out for Springer Spaniels for her as she was ready to move on and become a doggie mommy again after the lost of two of her dogs, one to the illness of Parvo and the other who choked on a toy. A few days before her birthday Oprah received a call letting her know that two Springer Spaniels had been found for her and as fate would have it one of them was named the name she had already selected for her next dog, "Lauren". Yes, that was certainly meant to be.

Lauren and Sonny, you two are very lucky dogs!! You have Oprah for a mommy so you will never go without anything which includes lots of love and attention (and not having to share her attention with bratty children). Only Valentino treats his dogs better so you have incredible doggie karma.

Am I envious? Yes, I would be flat out lying if I denied it. However I have a great mommy who loves me and let's me take lots of naps throughout the day not to mention the tons of love and kisses I get all the time. A private plane, a mansion in Montecino and penthouse in Chicago wouldn't be too bad, but I have accepted my lot in life...hopefully it will get a little better??

Chow for now!

No comments: